Dear Journal....
I'm not sure if you will actually be dull or not. I hope not. But I'd like to start this thing off by sharing my experience today. Public School = Immunization Shots. Okay, I got that. I was fine, wasn't scared at all of them. The needles hurt a little but that's not what scared me. No, what scared me was my Vasovagal Response to the needles afterwards. You see, I'm not used to these shots, so this definitely made me never want a shot again. During this response to the shots, I got nauseous, light-headed, started to lose my vision, could barely walk or stand and on top of all that, I almost fainted. Something I will admit, I am familiar with. Not to mention I lost coloration in my skin, and my lips turned grey. Basically it wasn't fun, according to the doctor it's normal though. But my reaction to the response scared the nurse. Well Journal, that's all I have for you at the moment.
Sincerely,
Still A Little Shaken
P.S. Fun Fact!; Some 'Medical Dictionary' describes this as the "feeling of impending death". And I did in fact, feel as though I was about to die.
No comments:
Post a Comment